Climate Education on Chancellor’s Day 2023
220 220 people viewed this event.
Whether you want to go further with climate education, or are just getting started, this event is for you!
Join the Office of Sustainability on Chancellor’s Day for climate education professional learning. Earn up to 5 CTLE credits!
This content is created and led by the DOE’s Climate Education Leadership Team (CELT). CELT is a group of over 30 NYC Public Schools teachers and administrators. Their goal is to integrate full and equitable climate education across all areas of study and school culture.
We have four workshops, facilitated by CELT Members, that can be applied in all grade levels and subjects:
- Planning and Implementing a Climate Teach-In
- Accessing Climate Resources
- Climate Education Advocacy 101
- Easy Entryways for Climate Education: Scaffolding Data and Texts in the Classroom
- Date: Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Time: 9:00AM – 2:30PM
- Location: Teachers College at Columbia University, 525 W 120th St, New York, NY 10027
Directions to Teachers College and Campus Maps
For individuals with disabilities requiring accessible parking, please see parking location details and one-day authorization detail
- Audience: DOE teachers, all subjects, grades K-12
Up to 5 CTLE credits are available. Lunch will be provided.